North Dakota Oil Rig Jobs: Yes, They Do Exist!



I understand how skeptical you in all probability are proper now. You want to scroll all the way down to the bottom of this article and see what I'm selling because you're sure I am working some sort of angle here.

Plentiful jobs? Nice salaries? Benefits? - (firms still supply those?) I understand how you are feeling as a result of I felt exactly the identical means when one in every of my good associates informed me he was heading to North Dakota to work on the oil rigs. Frankly, I thought he was going crazy.

He instructed me that there was an oil increase in a town referred to as Williston, ND and he was simply going to pack up and go and discover a job making $2000.00 a week. I pretended to imagine him however in my thoughts I used to be thinking 'this guy has been watching to many Deadwood re-runs. Growth cities? What 12 months was this man caught in--1854?

Quick forward to some months later and I received a name from this same buddy and to make a protracted story quick he not solely proved to me that he had completed his purpose and was making over $2k per week, but he additionally satisfied me to make the journey to North Dakota and see if I could strike a excessive paying job within the oil patch.

Everyone round me thought I used to be nuts, and I was a little bit nervous however I felt it was time to take a threat in my life. Worse case scenario I might get a great story out of the whole ordeal. So I boarded the GreyHound and headed for ND.

The purpose of this text is to tell readers in regards to the jobs out there in North Dakota, so I'll skip over all of the juicy details of my trip. I'll say that when I arrived in North Dakota one of many first issues that struck me was the abundance of 'Now Hiring' signs. Even when I was hours away from the oil fields in cities like Fargo, and Bismarck, there have been indicators in every single place advertising jobs.

This was one thing overseas to me, and I think about it might be for most Americans, coming from Florida where there are very few jobs and employers get so many applications they rarely hassle to post the jobs they do grow to be obtainable from time to time.

After I acquired to Williston I realized that my friend was sane after all. It was a boom town. It just had that feel of new beginnings and cash being made. Here the 'Assist Wanted' indicators had been big and so they were in every single place! But they real cash was in fact within the oil fields.

My friend had given me a reference with the corporate he worked for and so I secured a interview with a big drilling company that had a department in Willistion, ND. Once I arrived for my interview they had me fill out the complete New Rent packet before I even talked to anyone. The actual interview was principally a formality. That they had extra positions to fill than they'd qualified staff so when you made it to the interview you have been hired. I couldn't believe it. I had by no means seen an organization that was offering such a superb salary for entry level workers be in such a necessity for workers.

I ended up averaging about $2,700.00 a week whereas I worked on the oil rigs. It was hard, soiled, dangerous work however I met some cool individuals, learned so much, and stacked up some respectable coinage. I definitely advocate that anyone who's at present unemployed, or in the market for a job look into the oil rigs of North Dakota.          


MF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...